Its no secret microgreens are a nutrition powerhouse. They can improve and repair our bodies and significantly boost our vitamin intake without pills.
At Revity Farms, we tried to summarize the benefits of microgreens into nine categories:
1. Antioxidant powerhouse Microgreens are known to contain much higher levels of antioxidants than any variety of leafy greens, which is not surprising given their size. Coutsias and Kambites named celery leaf, broccoli sprout and red amaranth as the top contenders for antioxidant power.
2. Heart-healthy Microgreens also contain all of the essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals that ensure proper blood sugar regulation, circulatory health and eye health. Celery leaf, also known as celery juice, is an excellent source for vitamin C, calcium, folic acid and thiamin.
3. Immune system Microgreens power up your body by helping it perform better at keeping you healthy. Their nutrient profile helps the body produce white blood cells necessary for fighting infections.
4. Antibiotic-free Microgreens, unlike the chemically-treated lettuce you would buy in the supermarket, contain no antibiotics. Their seeds have been carefully hand-picked from the base of the plant for quality in flavor.
5. Anti-inflammatory The omega-3 fatty acids in microgreens have anti-inflammatory properties. Some studies show that celery leaf microgreens reduce arthritis pain and inflammation in the body.
6. Gut health Microgreens can help improve your digestive health and immunity through two primary pathways: their lack of preservatives and their high mineral-to-nutrient ratio content.
7. Good food Perhaps the most obvious benefit of microgreens is the incredible taste. They are grown without mechanical pesticides and herbicides, so you don’t have to worry about nasty chemicals in your food.
8. Interesting Microgreens are also the perfect conversation starter at your dinner table. After all, who can say "no" to something so cool, so creative and with such a positive health impact?
9. Diet-friendly Since microgreens are so low in calories and carbohydrates, they are the perfect food for a diet. They make quick and easy side dishes for any calorie-counting project, and keep you full for hours. No wonder so many juice bars serve them!
If you have any questions or you feel your health could benefit from the massive nutrition and positive benefits of Microgreens, please see our other blogs and videos on RevityFarms.com. We are a Nashville based organic family run and operated farm and we look forward to assisting you.
Hello, We wish you a lot of luck as you go into self employment. Microgreens can be a great to do that. Have you thought about if you’re doing soil of hydroponics? What scale are you hoping for? What facilities do you have access too? Any previous expertise? Any special microgreen varieties? All these will help change the recommendation.
I’ve decided to grow microgreens as I want to be self employed
What do you suggest for a beginner?
Leave a comment